Saturday, July 19, 2008

I try to be fair, but ...

I try to be as fair and baslanced as I can, but today's issues are too deeply engraved into my consciousness for me to be perfectly objective. So I will admit freely that I want Obama to win the election in November.

I have had all the deprivation and oppression I can stand from the Bush years. I don't want McCain to move in to the White House and continue with business as usual. I really want that change we can believe in.

Let me try to explain this on a personal level. The first stroke of Bush's presidential pen raised my prescription copay by a whopping 250%. That's right. 250%. It isn't a typo. He then wanted to raise it another 125% the next year. With the number of prescriptions the VA has laid at my feet, that's a substantial cut of my income. Every few months I get a check from the VA that isn't big enough to cover any of my expenses because they take my copay out of it.

The cost of living has skyrocketed. Those of you who are still able to hold down a job are feeling the pinch. What do you think it means to a guy like me? With my wife to support and a total monthly income of $230.00 how far can I stretch my money? I can't blame Bush for my disability but I can darn sure blame him for his personal war and his bungling of the hurricane crises in the Gulf of Mexico!

Those led to the beginning of the price rise. His coddling of big oil and other related businesses has made it worse. His flat refusal to take action against the speculators lined his own pockets. It helped his big oil cronies to earth-shattering profits, too.

I don't trust the republicans any more. I don't trust Bush as far as I can throw the White House and I trust McCain even less.

I want an Obama administration and let him do his best to slove the crappy situation we are in. Tax breaks for the poor! Free up more money for higher education! Let the subprime mortgage mess sort itself out! Fix Social Security and Medicare!

I'm off the soapbox for now, but I'll be back.

No comments: